Saturday, May 06, 2006

The 19th Week


19 weeks! We are just about halfway there! The little one is just over 6 inches long from the top of the head to the rump. I thought that the most interesting development this week was the maturation of teeth buds. I have been caught up in the idea of speaking to the child. Maybe I'm going overboard, but atleast he or she will be comfortable with my voice!

Megan is now consistently feeling movement! The sensation is similar to lightly tapping the bottom side of your forearm (this was the doctor's suggestion. You mothers obviously have a better understanding). Megan says that it occurs predominantly when she is sitting or not moving around. She has also noticed that there is a sleep pattern. The baby is much more awake at certain periods of the day. That is so cool!

We have our "big" ultrasound appointment this coming week. They check for a lot of different things at this visit. But most important to us is the clear revelation of the sex. As I had mentioned earlier, we tried to see last time, but it was much too hard to tell. A week from now we will know if it is a son or a daughter. Whoa!

Like always, I have included a picture of a child at 19 weeks.

Peace out!

No comments: