Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Some Commissioned Work
It is not often that I do commissioned artwork (cakes do not count as artwork and I rarely do those either), but I recently tackled a project for a friend in Colorado. His father has retired from the Minot, ND fire department after 36 years of service. He thought it would be nice to do something special for him and thought of me to help him accomplish it. Here it is for your critique! Most of it is pretty self-explanatory, but the helmet, coat and boots to the left symbolize his "hanging it up." It was done in pen and ink. Enjoy! (Because of the necessity of a flash, the image is a little less than perfect. To get a better look at it, click on the image and you can see the detail)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment