Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Snow (Pouty) Pants

Our story begins with the first real snowfall of the season and Abram all bundled up ready to play in the snow. After much deliberation, as the effort to clothe a small child for the winter in quite exhausting, I stuffed Abram in his snow garb, camera in tow, ready for him to enjoy his first snow of the season, and to get some great shots of him frolicking in the snow. Within 30 seconds of walking out the door, frolicking turned to crying and pure poutyness!







I brought a ball out to kick in the snow hoping we could burn some energy with a little game of "pooh kicks". Instead Abram started crying because "me ball dirty". Apparently snow on the ball was very distressing for him. To further explain his reaction, I believe Abram has inherited some of Drew's excessive tidiness and just as his Daddy wants order and proper placement for things, Abram could not handle his indoor ball to be wet and covered in white snow when it is normally red and dry! Ahh, the blessings we give to our children!

So with pooh kicks off the agenda I suggest a walk on the golf course next to our apartment. Abram grudgingly agreed, but instead, the peacefulness of the winter wonderland is interrupted with "up-e, up-e" and then one final plea "pick me up". And because I do not pick him up, after all 30 pounds gets to be quite a load, and c'mon we're gonna enjoy this walk darnit!..I get this...



Seriously, if looks could kill.


So, since our leisurely stroll was a bust, I made one final attempt to turn Abram's frown upside down. Let's build a mini snowman. I mean what kid doesn't like frosty. Well I'll tell ya...



This was the fate of frosty, a quick kick to the head. So as the head rolled away and the body lay there flat in the snow, I gave up. We're done. It's back in the house for these snowbirds.

1 comment:

The Studers said...

I am seriously laughing out loud at this. I think Abram and Ellie will get along just fine. The joys of raising a strong-willed child!