Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Celebration

This was the first year Abram has really gotten in to Christmas. And though I would prefer it was memorable for the rememberance of the birth of Jesus, he much preferred the lights and presents. We'll work on it for next year :) And this year was no different than any other celebration, Abram was SPOILED! He said on Christmas Eve, the first of 3 family gatherings, "MOM I GOT A PRESENT" (and I write it is caps to elude the pure excitement he exclaimed this). I said, "that's awesome buddy, who is it from?", Abram responds so matter of factly, "the present store". Of course, where else would the presents come from! Now, by the third family celebration, the excitement turned to, "where are the presents?" But truly, Abram loved spending time with family and friends, and the presents were a bonus. And I will speak for his sweet 3 year old heart, he is thankful, he is grateful, he feels loved. He is surrounded by so many family and friends that love this little boy so dearly. And in this season, this is what is important.


I was able to get away with filling Abram's stocking this year with misc items (I knew the rest of the fam would exceed in generosity). This picture captured Abram's excitement opening every present, regardless of what was inside. (this one was toothpaste, oooh!)







This next one is blurry, but Abram is holding his beloved scissors. He has been asking for scissors for months, and has already gotten the hang of safely cutting and using the scissors properly. There is still the occassional finger narrowly missing the chopping block, but "arts and craps" (this is what Abram said he did at daycare one day) is getting more exciting!







Uncle Jeff, Aunt Shannon, Ave, Cass, and Z gave Abram this tent for his bed. He loves his "fort" and sleep has gotten so much more exciting!




You are an amazing boy Abram! It is an honor and I am blessed to be your Mom! I love you bubby boo!

No comments: