Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Petting Zoo Fun

A couple days ago Abram and I spent the morning at the local petting zoo. It was an eclectic crew of animals from black bears to kangaroos to goats and cows and Camels. And aside from the experience for Abram, the zoo just had kind of a creepy vibe. Cages were taped with duct tape (and I know, what can't duct tape fix), but when its housing a deadly animal (i.e. black bear or bobcat), you just have to wonder if it can really stand up to a raging animal. And several of the animals just paced back and forth in their cages. I'm no peta backer but you had to feel sad for them. But Abram loved chasing the goats and petting the bunnies and watching the camel and monkeys. So we probably won't return to JR's but Abram has a few new pictures for his scrapbook.











Even though I didn't spring for the $1 bag of feed, Abram loved "feeding" the goats. Thank goodness he didn't realize they really wanted food and weren't just saying hi when they all came charging to the fence.



Here's Abram trying to let the kangaroos out. If it weren't for the deadbolt we would have had a stampede of kangaroo's (ok well maybe just three).



Abram actually spent more time playing at the little playground there than watching the animals, but I mean who wouldn't want to swing and go down the slide with a black bear pacing in the background. Ahh the memories!





1 comment:

Vanessa Bouché said...

What fun! Pictures are great, and I love the commentary! Keep posting!